The Group carries out its business in compliance with the regulations issued by the Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and Environment (ARERA), which sets out the terms and procedures for accessing infrastructure capabilities and delivering gas distribution and measurement services, as well as tariffs for the remuneration of activities performed.
Gas distribution is the activity that, through an integrated system of infrastructures (withdrawal stations, pressure reduction units, distribution networks, redelivery points and meters) ensures the withdrawal of gas from the national transportation network to be redelivered to the end clients of the network (domestic or industrial) on behalf of the sales companies authorised to market the supply.
In compliance with the highest standards set by ARERA, the Parent Company 2i Rete Gas S.p.A. and its controlled distributors manage:
- ordinary and extraordinary operation and maintenance operating distribution systems;
- First Response;
- metering of consumption data;
- delivery of ancillary and optional services set out in the Network Code for Distribution, adopted to deal with system users and network end clients, collection and transmission of data for the settlement process.
The sale of gas to end clients is not included in the concession entrusted to the distributor. This activity is carried out by the sales companies that enter into contracts with end clients, which also meet any needs concerning their supply and issue invoices for consumption.
The business model performed by 2i Rete Gas is designed to manage efficiently the distribution infrastructure until the next renewal of the concession, ensuring the continuity and quality of the service provided. The business model adopted by 2i Rete Gas is designed to manage efficiently the distribution infrastructure until the next renewal of the concession, ensuring the continuity and quality of the service provided. This business model is based on the Integrated Management System (IMS) implemented by 2i Rete Gas S.p.A.. The framework where this scope is identified consists of the activities necessary to ensure the business process “Management and Operation of the Natural Gas Distribution Service” which develops in three different time phases (primary process macro-flows):
- ACQUISITION OF CONCESSIONS through calls for tender at Minimum Territorial Area (Ambito Territoriale Minimo, ATEM) level and performance of corporate acquisitions;
- SERVICE MANAGEMENT (development, operation and maintenance of facilities, provision of service to interested parties);
- RELEASE OF FACILITIES at the end of the contract.