2i Rete Gas | Group | History and corporate structure

History and corporate structure

2i Rete Gas is the result of an important growth path for external lines started in the early 2000s, which anticipated the expected effects of calls for tender. Therefore, 2i Rete Gas is currently a Group relying on highly skilled in-house resources in the rigorous conduct of its core business, standing out for its ability to pick up and carry through the challenges facing the industry.

The most significant transactions include: the acquisition and integration in 2009 of the Enel group distribution network; the acquisition in 2011 of the Italian distribution networks of the German group E.ON and of the French group GDF Suez, integrated in 2012 and 2013, respectively; the acquisitions of the distribution network in Italy of the Gas Natural Fenosa group (Nedgia S.p.A.), integrated in 2019, and of the distribution network in Italy of Edison S.p.A. of the EDF group (Infrastrutture Distribuzione Gas S.p.A.), integrated at the end of 2021.

As a result - in addition to a 100% interest in 2i Rete Dati S.r.l., a company operating in the telecommunications sector that, more specifically, installs and runs data transmission connectivity infrastructures for remote meter reading and remote management of smart gas meters and other types of smart devices, - 2i Rete Gas S.p.A. currently holds a 60% interest in Cilento Reti Gas S.r.l., a project company the remaining 40% of which is held by Bonatti S.p.A. as construction partner, and a 60% interest in 2i Servizi Energetici S.r.l., a company engaging in the development and marketing of energy efficiency initiatives for public and private entities, established as a joint venture with Tekne Esco S.r.l. which holds the remaining 40% of the share capital.