The Sustainability Framework reflects the approach that 2i Rete Gas has defined and intends to develop in this area. In line with the Mission and corporate values, material topics and reference SDGs and, finally, Sustainability Policy, it:
- highlights first of all the prerequisites, i.e., the aspects considered as essential to ensure responsible management of company activities and, at the same time, the creation of sustainable and lasting value over time: Compliance with laws and regulations; Ethics and anti-corruption; Listening to stakeholders and Creating sustainable economic value;
- illustrates the four priority lines of action that 2i Rete Gas, by relying on the most widely accepted standards of responsible business and setting such standards against its own operating backdrop, has identified in order to contribute to a more sustainable future: Stimulate everyone’s contribution; Ensure efficiency, quality and safety; Distribute energy for a cleaner future and Create shared value. The ensuing commitments are intended for the four interconnected ecosystems with which the Group interacts in conducting its business: People; Assets; Environment and Stakeholders;
- sets out the contribution that, through concrete actions, 2i Rete Gas intends to make in order to achieve some of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) promoted by the United Nations;
- reflects a circular approach, since the Sustainability Plan from which it originated allows 2i Rete Gas to monitor and report on an annual basis its ESG performance, with a view to measuring progress against established targets while maintaining an active dialogue with reference Stakeholders;
- finally makes reference to the development paths linked to the Strategic Plan: Research, innovation and competitiveness; Efficiency and quality of service; Selective development and smart use of infrastructure; Energy transition and End customer centricity.
The Framework published below reflects the results of the latest Materiality Analysis.